Chat freely about anything...

By barakzai786
#17429 Hi
i am trying to monitor a welder machine in the industry. the monitoring is done using esp8266,Arduino and Current transformer to monitor power line. The device is installed in the welder machine. my problem is when i test the device in my office it work fine , however, when i installed it in the welding machine it gets disconnected a lot at times.sometimes if the device is not for a longer time i restart the welding machine and the device comes back on.
the welder machine using 3 phase power supply .I take power from one phase to AC to dc convertor to supply 9v DC to my Arduino.

Any idea why is it during this?
regards
By BlueAnt
#17448 Hi,

It could be a number of things. The approach to follow is to eliminate the possible causes by isolating them. Try and duplicate the setup working in your office close to the welder with the welder switched off and the ESP working on batteries. If you cannot get that working with the required stability you will know external interference or the environment (reflection, metal screening etc.) is affecting the operation.

If you can get it operating satisfactory, try operating the welder while you monitor the performance of the ESP, I suspect you may have electrical interference from the welder, if so try and move the ESP further away from the welder and check for improvement / change. Get to a point where it is working again with the welder operating. Then the last thing is to reconnect it to the welder power supply as you had before and check for change.

Using this approach you will be able to isolate the source of the problem and be able to find a solution.

Nicol