Chat freely about anything...

By helpme
#18130 Deep sleep (<10uA) is very impressive. May I ask whether ESP8266 can remain connected to the Access Point even in deep sleep?

The ESP-Wroom module datasheet has the following line;
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms

Does it mean that the modue can wake up from deep sleep and starting sending out packets through the Access Point within 2ms?
By lethe
helpme wrote:Deep sleep (<10uA) is very impressive. May I ask whether ESP8266 can remain connected to the Access Point even in deep sleep?

No, the device is basically off in deep sleep, only the on-board RTC keeps running. It will do a full reset on wake-up.

helpme wrote:Does it mean that the modue can wake up from deep sleep and starting sending out packets through the Access Point within 2ms?

While that number might technically be true, don't expect the device to be fully connected after 2ms. That number most likely means, that the ESP will send its first probe request after 2ms, from there it needs to wait for replies, begin association and finally request an IP via dhcp. While this process is pretty fast, it will take a lot longer than 2ms (in my very unscientific tests, the ESP started replying to pings approx. 1-2s after powerup).