Chat freely about anything...

By Paws
#18681 Good day,

I need the ESP (Mod 01) for a very small application.
The first GPIO gets one pulse per second, while the second GPIO gezs a signal, once a button is being pushed.
Additionally the 'time' between the pps - signal has to be interpolated / calculated. On button-press, the current timestamp / time has to be send out via WIFI.

Shall I do this via a custom ESP-firmware, that LUA-firmware or use an aditional CPU? Any suggestions?
By j0hncc
#18686 I would recommend that unless you know C and/or C++ pretty well, go with nodemcu/lua. If you run into a memory or capability roadblock, then consider Sming, Arduino, SDK, freertos (roughly in that order of technicality).

My 2 cents... Cheers,
John
By cal
j0hncc wrote:I would recommend that unless you know C and/or C++ pretty well, go with nodemcu/lua. If you run into a memory or capability roadblock, then consider Sming, Arduino, SDK, freertos (roughly in that order of technicality).

My 2 cents... Cheers,
John

Ack.
And if your missing piece in lua makes a good c function, just implement in c and call it from lua.
Either as a new module or just hijackking some existing module like "node" and adding a function to start with.

In this discurs I was involved in "wifi" got a "dump" function for debugging a lua/c issue. Code is not included
but straight forward.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2526

+ €0,02
Cal