Chat freely about anything...

By Ambro
#19518 Thanks ,
I have ESPLorer v0.1 build 206 installed.
I did something wrong in the procedure: now my esp_01 seems to do not work anymore !
>> When I power it up , i get unreadable text on the esplorer. I did try reset , cycle power etc but no way to recover it.
>> I went to the Flasher and reloaded the NODEMCU > I selected the 9600 baud speed , I got the MAC displayed and the progress bar active; i did get the green light at the end. ( after several minutes ! ).
>> I still have unreadable text at power on...

Any step by step direction to recover it ?
Thanks again
Bye,
ambro
By Ambro
#19520 More info...
I can read the text at power_up only if the baud rate is set to 74880 !
This is what I get:
PORT OPEN 74880

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:1, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x40100000, len 28740, room 16
tail 4
chksum 0xcd
load 0x3ffe8000, len 2888, room 4
tail 4
chksum 0xbc
load 0x3ffe8b50, len 15252, room 4
tail 0
chksum 0x4f
csum 0x4f

Ambro
By twaymouth
#19529 Bad luck , I have has this happen to me a few times as well; not sure why but sometimes the ESP's memory gets scrambled. I have found that the only way to fix it is to first flash the original AT firmware http://www.electrodragon.com/w/ESP8266_Firmware#AT-thinker_Firmware then flash the nodemcu firmware. What you are seeing under 74880 baud is the boot info and it is a good thing as it indicates that the chip is still working as normal, just cannot read the firmware.
By Ambro
#19533 Thanks,
I am happy to know that my esp_01 is not broken !
Could you please indicate to me the produre ( if possible step by step ) to reload the orignal AT software ?
What program and what bin ( ? ) should I load please ?
I am asking very basic things but I am really new to this enviroment ! and this is my real problem.
I do appreciate your help very much.
All the best
Ambro