Chat freely about anything...

By Dave S
hdrut wrote:Unfortunately I do :(

I am now looking at a different webserver option, the one by pvvx.

Anyway, glad to hear you hit the nail !

Rgds,

Horacio

Sorry to hear that the SDK example IoT_Demo server did not work out for you. It is really just a collection of API calls from the programming manual. I had a quick look at the pvvx WebServer. 10 simultaneous connections! Nice. It looks interesting, if only I had unlimited time to explore EVERYTHING!

I may give it a closer examination sometime, but for now I am focusing on several projects and they are all moving forward nicely.

If it would help you, I would be happy to post my two webserver frameworks on GitHub. They are both forks based on the IoT_Demo project included in the SDK. And they are both now functional.

1. WebServer in STATION mode, accessible anywhere that has an Internet connection.

2. WebServer in AP mode, only accessible from the ESP Wifi Signal. I am using this framework for SmartPhone to ESP8266 mobile applications.

Cheers!

Dave
By hdrut
#20686 Hi Dave,

thanks for your offer. It seems Webbase is giving me good performance though. I started testing it yesterday, and so far I don't experience any loss of connectivity or link layer bugs.

I am now working on the android app. Out of curiosity, what type of application are you creating?
For me it's a remote gate controller.

Best rgds,

Horacio
By Dave S
#20706 Yes, it is the App that really brings it all together.

My first Android App is used to control my garage door. It has been working reliably now for over a year. Not too exciting, but here's the thing that makes it unique: Problem: My garage faces east, and in certain times of the year, the garage door simply will not close. The sun interferes with the safety beam around 10 am to noon, making the opener think something is blocking the opening. Solution: To over-ride the beam, the sensor path needs to be open AND the door button must be held closed for the duration of the door closure. Simple logic with dio control driving relays. I also have logic sensors to identify the state of the garage door (open/closed), the state of the switch, and the state of the beam sensor (Open/closed). This is all represented with big red/green button/LEDs on my Android device along with a live camera monitoring visually the garage door. Works great when taking walks or when not sure if the door is closed when I am away.

My current App in progress is for data collection while I am Mountain Biking. Using the ESP in AP mode, the Android App will collect, display, and save telemetry (temperature, humidity, air pressure, GPS coordinates for starters) from the ESP, positioned in my backpack. That should shield the sensors from the distortions introduced from direct sun exposure and the wind of a moving bicycle. This will mostly be in areas without cell service so the data will be uploaded later from the Android SD card to a mySQL database later for display and graphing. There are noticeable changes in climate as you roll from the canyon floors up the mountain side and near the ocean to more inland. I was curious of the profile of these changes throughout the course of a trail. Strava provides an open API which I plan to eventually integrate my data with theirs, widening the scope of this IoT project...
By popcorn
#23217 I had the same problems with android.

Now I used the Arduino / esp8266.

My problem is that after a restart from the phone it cant do a GET request. I have to forget the network and reconnect again...
I posted an issue. Did anyone had the same problem on nodemcu or original firmware??
https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/issues/515