Chat freely about anything...

By nemik
kolban wrote:I believe the Nordic Semiconductor nRF51 is probably what you are looking for. You can find its details by googling.

I agree with kolban, the nRF51 is definitely the chip to go with for Bluetooth and is supported by "mbed" which makes writing firmware for it very nice. Stay away from TI parts for Bluetooth, or Wifi for that matter. They're expensive with very poor tools.
By Charlie Harper
#26359 nRF51 definitely. Their softdevice is amazing, SDK_v9.0.0 is quite sufficient and really easy to use, it includes a lot of examples. The only disadvantage I can see is poor support for Linux fans (in terms of additional software).
By Charlie Harper
#26363 Nordic Semiconductor, nRF51 as mentioned by others, whole BLE stack implemented, easy to use, a lot of examples. Disadvantage: support for Linux users could be better.
By willfly
Charlie Harper wrote:Nordic Semiconductor, nRF51 as mentioned by others, whole BLE stack implemented, easy to use, a lot of examples. Disadvantage: support for Linux users could be better.

Is there a particular nRF51 module you can recommend. I looked around and they seem to be priced much higher then HM-10 which is generally available for $3-4/piece.