Chat freely about anything...

By esp03madness
#19747 Started getting this message recently during bootloader output. Currently flashed with AT 0.24 / SDK 1.1.0

Code: Select allMEM CHECK FAIL!!!

However, it still joins AP and acquires an IP address. No ill effects other than the nasty message have been observed so far. Anybody seen this?

PS. Is there a way to turn off auto-joining previously used AP?
By MarkyCee
#19749 I also see this message all the time, but does not seem to affect the esp8266 functioning in any way (during my experiences). I can't tell you why this message appears and what it means other then educated guesses. I also would like to know what it means and why it is showing and if it can be turned off.

Prototype:
bool wifi_station_set_auto_connect(uint8 set)
Parameter:
uint8 set: Automatically connect or not:
0: will not connect automatically
1: to connect automatically
By esp03madness
#19788 Thank you for replying MarkyCee!

About the MEM CHECK FAIL:
My only guess is that it is checking one of the config areas of the flash (either device key or wlan config maybe) and is not liking something about them. Wish the firmware wasn't closed source, but for now I'll just leave it be.

About auto-join:
Awesome, thanks for the pointer. I wonder - if one turns off the auto join, does the ESP still store the relevant data (SSID, pass) in the flash? Cause it really shouldn't...
By cal
esp03madness wrote:About auto-join:
Awesome, thanks for the pointer. I wonder - if one turns off the auto join, does the ESP still store the relevant data (SSID, pass) in the flash? Cause it really shouldn't...

Moin,

just check it yourself. Read/clear the relevant flash memory block with esptool.py or similiar and check for your ssid/password. From my memory it't at 0x7e000.
And tell us about your findings.

Cal