Chat freely about anything...

By schufti
#54503 would be interesting how this behaves if the channel changes (changes in mac are less likely to occur)?
Does it only take longer to find it on different channel or does it refuse to connect because it is not on the given channel?
By Felix41382
#56215 I am looking exactly for the same solutions. I like to use my esp8266 as a light switch and currently 3 seconds time to light is too long. I already added the static in trick, which saved me a second.

Any further ideas on that topic? Currently developing on nodemcu / lua base.
By SlowBro
#56815 I think light sleep is the fast connect mode Felix41382 is looking for. If I'm reading the PDF on sleep modes correctly, it stays connected by waking the radio every 300ms for 3ms to respond to a beacon from the router.

From the PDF:
Light-sleep mode can be used in the scenarios where the applications need to stay connected to the router and can respond to the sending data from the router in real time.The CPU can be idle before receiving commands. An example is the Wi-Fi switch whose CPU is idle for most of the time and only performs GPIO operations until receiving the control commands.

http://www.espressif.com/sites/default/ ... s_en_0.pdf

But what kind of command comes from the router to wake up the CPU and start working? I'm not clear on that. Some kind of Wake on Lan packet?