Chat freely about anything...

By rappa
#20725 I inadvertently swapped RX and TX when interfacing with an Arduino (using an LLC). After that it was operating erratically. I could send 3 or so serial packets before it would fail with BUSY or ERROR. I attempted to reflash the firmware with esptool but it failed midway (think it got to 34%). I had the Arduino console open at the time on the ftdi device so not sure if that contributed. Anyway now I simply can not connect to it anymore. Everytime I get the following. Is there anything I can do at this point to save it? Thanks

ceylon:esptool andrew$ ./esptool.py --port /dev/tty.usbserial-A4004Rim write_flash 0x00000 ../esp8266_at/bin/boot_v1.1.bin 0x01000 ../esp8266_at/bin/newest/user1.bin
Connecting...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./esptool.py", line 471, in <module>
esp.connect()
File "./esptool.py", line 149, in connect
raise Exception('Failed to connect')
Exception: Failed to connect
By tytower
#20779 yes I have had this and I suspected it was to do with the Arduino serial terminal .
Anyhow I compile then check the serial connection is OK then send . It says no go so I do it again witha reboot each time and a serial check . Then at maybe 4th 0r 5th it gets started uploading and stops with a constant blue light on . So I do it again and again and it goes again and maybe this time it uploads finally .

No idea what it really is?