Chat freely about anything...

By kolban
#22606 I'm wondering if there would be any interest in a weekly Skype based virtual meetup? This could potentially take the form of a date/time scheduled slot (I suggest 1 hour on a Tuesday evening) where we get to discuss things ESP8266 related. One of us could act as the moderator and agenda captain (if needed). Members could submit presentations or talk topics to be covered. If there is no "obvious" content to cover, then we divide the time into equal segments and talk about what we are doing with the ESP8266 during that segment. For example, if there were 6 of us on the call, we could divide the time into 6 slots of 7 minutes (which is actually a long time). During our "slot", the speaker has the mic exclusively and can't be interrupted unless they ask to be. We would reserve the last 15 minutes for free form discussions.

If there is interest, we can decide whether this is to be audio only, audio/video, screen sharing etc.

Bonus points if you can participate through an ESP8266 itself :-)

Given that we are a global community, it probably makes sense for three independent sessions ... Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia/ASEAN/Australasia.
By sigrokBlack
#22788 Hi,
your idea is great, but maybe skype is not the right platform, I think.

In my opinion a teamspeak server would be better, cause of the better audio quality and there could be separate sections.
Also you can join anonymously, you just need a nickname, so nobody has to sign up with his or her email address.

Best regards
Joshua
By kolban
#22789 Howdy Joshua,
I'm not concerned about the communications vehicle we decide to use. Its requirements should be (in my opinion of priority order):

o Voice
o Screen sharing
o Video
o Text Chat
o File Transfer

Whether it is Skype, Google Hangouts or others ... I'm not overly concerned.

My suggestion for Skype is based on:

o Platform support (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS)
o Highest prevalence of installation already being present

Neil
By RichardS
#25564 Is there any software I can put on the server to make this work nicely? Give me suggestions.....

Again agreed on the need for it to be compatible across devices.....

SKYPE is OK with me also use it all the time!

Richard.