Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#23895 Can you compile an earlier release?

Can you show some errors (in English please ;))

Are you using the latest opensdk (from sdk 1.2.0)?

I am thinking of the bunch of warnings I enabled and that are now generating errors; maybe you have a compiler version that's too old and doesn't understand these options. What gcc are you using, xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc -v. Did you include this gcc into your PATH? Unfortunately some other tools (like esptool.py) also rely on the bin tools being in the PATH so you must set it anyway: export PATH=$PATH:<path to opensdk>/xtensa-lx106-elf/bin
By eriksl
Saroz wrote:dear Eriksl,

after upload the Release 7 using ESP8266Flasher tool of two binary file to ESP-01 and while connect to ESPlorer V0.2.0 or arduino 1.6, its Running continually like this †—†††šÇ-’µ†—†W†‚†š‡-’—‚—‚‚Æ‚Ú‡-’—†•†—†††šÇ-–—†—‚—†‚‚’‡-’—‚—‚‚‚†ÚÇ-’•†—‚‚Ä‚ "

it will support esp-1?want to do anything extra coding or anything? It will marge STATION and AP, so i can ping the client-ESP from device(PC, mobile, etc.) it connected to my main WIFI device? for your ref., i mention below my sample example.

my main WIFI device<----->marged STA $ AP ESP<----->client-ESP

It should work with every access point the esp8266 can connect to.

If you get "noise" on the uart, then probably the firmware isn't flashed right. Do you have experience with flashing, does it work when you flash a standard "at" firmware? Do you flash the 0x00000 at offset 0 and 0x40000 at offset 0x40000? I have only tested with esptool.py and that works without problems. I think your tools places the firmwares at the wrong addresses or leaves out the second.

I have no experience whatsoever with Arduino and I have absolutely no intention to get any.
By Gobiwan
eriksl wrote:Can you compile an earlier release?

Can you show some errors (in English please ;))

Are you using the latest opensdk (from sdk 1.2.0)?

I am thinking of the bunch of warnings I enabled and that are now generating errors; maybe you have a compiler version that's too old and doesn't understand these options. What gcc are you using, xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc -v. Did you include this gcc into your PATH? Unfortunately some other tools (like esptool.py) also rely on the bin tools being in the PATH so you must set it anyway: export PATH=$PATH:<path to opensdk>/xtensa-lx106-elf/bin

Thanks for your fast reply!
- I´m using esp_iot_sdk_v1.2.0
- My gcc version: 4.8.2 (crosstool-NG 1.20.0)
- concerning PATH should all be right as you mentioned

her are errors I get:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:/opt/Espressif/New/esp8266-universal-io-bridge-8$ make clean
CLEAN
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:/opt/Espressif/New/esp8266-universal-io-bridge-8$ make
CC application.c
In file included from util.h:8:0,
from gpios.h:5,
from config.h:5,
from application.h:4,
from application.c:1:
/opt/Espressif/New/esp-open-sdk/sdk/include/c_types.h:15:29: error: conflicting types for 'uint32_t'
typedef unsigned long uint32_t;
^
In file included from uart.h:4:0,
from config.h:4,
/opt/xtensa-lx106-elf/lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/include/stdint.h:85:22: note: previous declaration of 'uint32_t' was here
typedef unsigned int uint32_t;
^
/opt/Espressif/New/esp-open-sdk/sdk/include/c_types.h:17:29: error: conflicting types for 'int32_t'
typedef signed long int32_t;
^
/opt/xtensa-lx106-elf/lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/include/stdint.h:84:20: note: previous declaration of 'int32_t' was here
typedef signed int int32_t;
^
In file included from gpios.h:5:0,
util.h:9:19: fatal error: osapi.h: No such file or directory
#include <osapi.h>
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [application.o] Error 1
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:/opt/Espressif/New/esp8266-universal-io-bridge-8$
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you for your help!
By eriksl
/opt/Espressif/New/esp-open-sdk/sdk/include/c_types.h:15:29: error: conflicting types for 'uint32_t'
typedef unsigned long uint32_t;
^
/opt/xtensa-lx106-elf/lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/include/stdint.h:85:22: note: previous declaration of 'uint32_t' was here
typedef unsigned int uint32_t;

This is one error actually. The problem is that the sdk redefines types that are in stdint.h. The opensdk version that I use (from here: http://github.com/pfalcon/esp-open-sdk) patches up this error. If you cant' do that, you can edit the file c_types.h yourself and #if 0 ... #endif all types that end in _t, like uint8_t, uint16_t etc.

This same error is repeated a few times.

The SDK is VERY sloppy on correct C usage. All kinds of protypes are missing, warnings on compilation, etc.

typedef signed int int32_t;
^
In file included from gpios.h:5:0,
util.h:9:19: fatal error: osapi.h: No such file or directory
#include <osapi.h>
^
compilation terminated.

This one I don't understand. Your SDK SHOULD have this file. It should be somewhere in the SDK. What SDK are you using (+ version)