Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#22904 Thought about that, I am not yet completely convinced. It would mean you'd have to configure a pin for that purpose in the configuration and for that you'd have to have access to the esp already... ;) I am not going to "sacrifice" a random pin, like Espressif already did with GPIO0, GPIO2 and GPIO15, which you now need to workaround to get it working!

Another option would be, wich already should be working, is to use a programmer, like esptool.py, read the memory block found on 0x3c(000) change it and write it back. The ssid and passwd are on the very start and occupy 32 bytes both (see config.h), be sure to add a '\0'! Maybe you can try that. If that's viable, I can add a config option to skip the bootstrap.
By eriksl
#22905 Just had this thought, the "struct" as is in config.h, is following an config identification of two long words (32 bits) with the id (0x4afb4afc) and the version of the config. So the ssid starts at offset 8.
By eriksl
#23515 Made a new release on GitHub. Changelog:

• Add GPIO asynchronous counter support. Just like it says, it counts the input going low or high. Unfortunately we can't specify which edge to count, the SDK code doesn't allow us to. Add a debouncing time in milliseconds.
  • UART settings default to 115200N8, as the system also spits out messages at this setting.
  • Add WLAN SSID and password to our own config, for some reason we can no longer use the settings from the system.
  • Add WLAN bootstrap mode, after power-on you have 10 seconds to type (or even better: copy&paste) the SSID name, a space, the password and a linefeed (0x0a, ^J) to the UART and it will be used to connect WLAN.
  • Several i2c robustness improvements
  • Add TSL2550 sensor
  • Enhance sensor dump command: parameter = 0 or absent: short dump, only detected sensors parameter = 1: longer dump, show all known sensors parameter = 2: longer dump, show all known sensors with verbose error
  • Replace lineair (float) calculations for some i2c sensors by integer or simplified float code, saves on iram usage
  • Replace commands print-debug and strip-telnet by a generic "set" and "unset" option command interface, add tsl-high-sens option to make the tsl i2c sensors work in a higher sensibility mode (recommended unless in direct sunlight, where it will overflow).
  • Add some stuff to prevent the tsl2550 and tsl2561 to be confused (same i2c address), similarly the lm75/tmp versus ds1621/ds1631/ds1721 which on the same address but not alike.

http://github.com/eriksl/esp8266-univer ... ases/tag/7