Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#77639 I am using this one, from the opensdk:

Code: Select allxtensa-lx106-elf-gcc (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.22.0-55-gecfc19a) 4.8.5
Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
By eriksl
#77640 For myself I never make non-ota ("plain") images, so a bug easily creeps in there.

Having said that, please pull and try again :-)
By eriksl
#77641 I just finished a beeper using the uarts (both) (you can supply random frequencies) and a complenentary sequencer, so you can play a pre-programmed tune :-)

Next up is ws2812b support.
By holopaul
eriksl wrote:I just finished a beeper using the uarts (both) (you can supply random frequencies) and a complementary sequencer, so you can play a pre-programmed tune :-)

Next up is ws2812b support.

first of all, thank you for the effort. for some time now i was looking for a way to have more pins for my application.
my project is a bunch of swarming robots for an art installation and i ran out of gpios because the uC i'm using is already too busy with the sensors. adding an esp8266 is ideal because it gives me wifi connectivity and with your software i can also control other stuff.
i'm having a bit of trouble following the documentation because some of the instructions are now a bit outdated.
i successfully flashed version 11 as is the latest single .bin image. i'm having trouble flashing any other version that is made up of two or more images. every time i try to flash it i get garbage on 78500 baud.
followed your instructions from here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3959&start=180#p73560 but esptool returns an memory ovelapping error. as a matter of fact i read and tried avey solution posted on this thread.
i am using ESP-12E and ESP12F
I have a few question if you please.
1. Can you post your exact list of arguments for the esptool and version of esptool?
2. Given the fact that the my ESP12E has 4MB of flash, OTA is out of the question, right? i can't quite figure this out.
3. How are thing looking for the WS2812 support ? This will be a very nice feature.

Thanks,
Paul