Chat freely about anything...

By SpYd3r Web
eriksl wrote:I completely forgot to tell that the sequencer uses flash storage that needs to be initialised. That's why you get the error.

Do this once "sec" (sequencer-clear) and you're good to go.

Worked great, thanks much!
By eriksl
holopaul wrote:
eriksl wrote:The last few versions can be upgraded over the air using "espflash", assuming you're using the OTA image and you have at least 2 Mbyte of flash installed.

Both conditions are met but i have no clue about how "espflash" should be used

The zip file comes with a Linux binary "espflash". Just start it and watch the usage notice. I use it like this:
Code: Select allespflash -h esp1 -f espiobridge-rboot-image.bin -W

By default it will, if the image has been uploaded successfully, reboot the esp into the new image. If that succeeds, the new slot will be made permanent, otherwise it will reboot into the old version.
By eriksl
#81743 I think the code is now again stable enough for a new release, see #21 here https://github.com/eriksl/esp8266-unive ... e/releases

Most notable changes:
- huge improvements in the networking code, througput (you can now test the actual througput using "make test" using the "espflash" program) and robustness, since the last beta quality release.
- fixed the simple digital I/O issue not being "autostarted"

Internally there are many many changes, including the switch to gcc 8.2, including newlib 2.0 as libc, moved many tables and data to flash, which frees up about 20 kbytes of DRAM, which is now mostly statically assigned to LWIP (networking) code, improving robustness.

There used to be an internal binary representation of the config (text in flash) but it took too much DRAM memory (about 12 kbytes...). So I implemented it in another which frees this 12 kbytes. The only drawback is that every change you make gets written to flash immediately. So the config-write command has gone.

Please test and give feedback!