Chat freely about anything...

By holopaul
eriksl wrote:@holopaul, I am also very interested in feedback regarding latencies between the UART and the network. Is it again working like expected?

I gave v22 a spin and at first glance it's still slower than v11. I did a side by side comparison at 9600 baud and the data from v11 comes in a lot smoother than v22. Also v22 is a few ms behind v11. It's a definite improvement over the last two versions and it's quite usable for sure but this is my observation. I will do more experiments and cruch in some timings to be exact.
I used v11 as a reference because it's the first one that i installed and it hasn't crashed once up to this point.
I'll keep you updated with the results. Thanks
By eriksl
#81956 That would be very helpful, I'd appreciate that very much.

In the meantime I'll think of tweaks to get the througput smoother. As said, I can't test it myself, I don't have a setup for testing UART input/output, just a terminal emulator, which isn't really good at measuring throughput and latency.
By eriksl
#81957 Oh BTW I just found a bug where setting the bridge port to something always ends up setting it to "-1" (which won't work of course). I am going to fix that right now.
By eriksl
#81958 @holopaul, the code path for sending data from the network to the UART and receiving from the UART and sending it to the netwerk is completely different. Can you please explain which path you're using (most) and which is having the latency?

When I am testing with the terminal emulator, it looks like network->UART is quite good and responsive, the path from UART->network looks like having some latency, but it can also be just the keyboard key repeat that's slow.