Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#25258 Yes that's due to the these files having been added after the latest release. I will fix it when I get home, in the meantime, I suggest you just git clone the repo, that will always be correct. The current "head" version works quite well.
By Jabz
#25422 Hi, would it be possible to reconfigure the UART pins to send the TCP data over I2C? I'm new to the ESP8266 and the default UART speeds are too slow for my project. Thanks in advance .
By eriksl
#25510 That's an interesting thought ;) It is very well possible, but a bit complex.

What is it exactly what you're trying to achieve? Please note that the UART can go up to at least 5 megabaud, possibly even higher.

If you're going to attach an Orbital Matrix display (which indeed has RS232-C and I2C connectivity) you might want to await the specific implementation I am planning to do for it. When I am working on that, I may also implement a TCP-I2C bridge on the go. That may take some time though.

In the meantime, how about the raw I2C commands (i2c-read and i2c-write)?
By martinayotte
Jabz wrote:Hi, would it be possible to reconfigure the UART pins to send the TCP data over I2C? I'm new to the ESP8266 and the default UART speeds are too slow for my project. Thanks in advance .

What kind of application you wish to do ?
Beware that I2C is also limited in speed. For higher throughput, maybe SPI is better.