Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#82814 I've made a new release: 24

- fix bug in LWIP interface (ping didn't work)
- introduce i2c sensor periodic background fetch, this avoids the need to keep waiting for a sensor to yield a result; sensor data is refreshed about every 30 seconds now, for these selected sensors.
- Espressif SDK update to HEAD
- fix bug where network would become unresponsive after some time, a race condition
- reorganise stats output
- use libc functions instead of own replacements, where possible, now we have full libc access
- improve display user interface
- add direct support for rotary encoders (no more external flip-flops required)
- add support for controlling the espiobridge using the UART (mostly with a connected USB bridge)
- add support for bootstrapping WLAN config (SSID/password) over the UART by sending two commands

https://github.com/eriksl/esp8266-unive ... ses/tag/24
By eriksl
#82830 Solved a few minor and one major bug, new release 25: https://github.com/eriksl/esp8266-unive ... ses/tag/25

wlan: fix bug where wlan mode was set to recovery mode permanently when it failed to associate.

This means a temporary connection loss (e.g. caused by not responding
DHCP server, access point temporaly off, etc) would set the ESP
permanently in recovery mode, where it needs to configured for wlan
manually. This is not desirable.

Changed the behaviour now that wlan recovery mode is not saved in the
config, so a reset should be enough to get it working again with the
current wlan parameters.
By asz
#92625 Hi Erik! Thanks for the opportunity to take part in this great project.

I have graced myself through the versions and functionality in a couple of days now and finally reached the end of this thread....

I know that universal I/O bridge have some years on it's neck, you have come far and reached mature code.

First, is is this the place to ask or have this project moved somewhere else?

If possible...
I am going to use your code to make an "GNSS controller" aboard my boat.
Essentially that means that I will catch UART traffic from a GNSS receiver (GPS/GLONASS/BEIDO...) AND compass and sensor data via I2C, format it and send it out over wifi.

The hardware consists of a BME280 (measuring relative humidity, barometric pressure and ambient temperature), a QMC5883 Digital compass and a Ublox NEO M8N GNSS receiver. I haven't taken the final decision on what ESP board I will use...but it will be either a WEMOS D1 mini pro or an ESP-01M. The wemos have lots of flash.. but the ESP-01M are small and lighter in power. Important decisions on a sailboat that are solar charged.

My "problem" is that I want to send the data over wifi packed in the NMEA0183 protocol.

Since you have implemented "drivers" for different HW ... my idea was to build a driver that read sensor data, apply the NMEA0183 format on the harvested data and then ship it out over wifi.

Do you think that would be possible?

Again thank you for your work, looking forward to hear from you.

/Andréas Schütz
By eriksl
#92634 If you can me point me to a place where I can buy the required sensors (cheaply!) I will buy them I and add support. Please take note that the BMP280 isn't very accurate and my firmware will not "send" any data, it must be "fetched".

Otherwise I have no objection that you would fork the code and add your requirements yourself and I will give advice where required.