Chat freely about anything...

By StupidSaurus-Rex
#23486 Alright, after the last couple of hours worth of digging, I found a fella with appears to be the same code, but he actually has comments for what pins are being used!!!

Code: Select alloutpin=3                       -- Select output pin - GPIO0
       gpio.mode(outpin,gpio.OUTPUT)

inpin=6                        -- Select input pin - GPIO12 

Sorry for bothering everyone, I could not find anywhere that could show me what pins these related to!

Hopefully this helps someone if they happen to come across this same problem...
By StupidSaurus-Rex
#23488 Here we go! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I know this is for a DevKit, but the pins are the same, so for my needs it doesn't matter.

I could not find anything like this until I had a couple of the pins already, since I could not verify it (I have seen several different 'versions' of this, that have different phrasing, and pin numbers, but this is the most accurate one I can find. If anybody can point me to a guide that details this information it would be greatly appreciated.

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys know what pin numbers to use when calling for your GPIO's? Surely somewhere there must be documentation, I can't imagine that everyone had to figure out the pin numbers with trial and error, or by searching like I did... lol

Anyhow, here is the image I found so helpful:

By kolban
#23500 I am not familiar with this board and am surprised there are different numberings. For me, I use breakout boards like the ones shown on this page:

http://koffeiniker.de/guides/esp8266/breadboard-adapters-for-the-various-esps/

These are clearly marked with the GPIO numbers of the ESP8266 itself.
By user1829
StupidSaurus-Rex wrote:Just out of curiosity, how do you guys know what pin numbers to use when calling for your GPIO's? Surely somewhere there must be documentation, I can't imagine that everyone had to figure out the pin numbers with trial and error, or by searching like I did... lol

like this?

as far as I can tell: the pin NUMBER = it's physical location on the PCB in a anti-clockwise direction, while looking at the antenna side???

is that right?