Chat freely about anything...

By tytower
#25260 You didn't say so I assumed wrongly . OK are you using the ArduinoIDE?
The reset message is the same I think for lua and C++.
So it applies to you
reset cause 2: normally during a reset caused by a nRESET transient(whatever that is)

Do you know what a nRESET transient is ? i don't atm, but I suspect it might be lack of power . How are you powering the chip? It sucks 250mA at times doing the radio stuff

EDIT You posted just a few seconds before me .
So you did not have a java runtime environment set up or was the program just not installed properly.
2. Download and install the Java Runtime x86 (jre-7u72-windows-i586.exe)

EDIT2 Your music is horrendous :D .Maybe it gets better .Never been able to think or learn with a racket like that going on outside my head. The first comment on the page agrees
DON'T listen to this when trying to study. The fact that there are lyrics in the music, means you're activating the same part of your brain that's being used to study. It actually makes it harder to study, and impedes your ability to retain the information. If you want to study, listen to an instrumental because it activates an entirely different part of your brain, so it's not getting in the way at al

Personally, I learn stuff quickly and retain it best, with complete quiet . Nothing to draw the brain off track so everything is stored together .
Last edited by tytower on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Rob Hendriks
tytower wrote: OK are you using the ArduinoIDE?

-I've started to program some examples using the experssif windows toolchain which worked. - [my opening post;)]

tytower wrote:reset cause 2: normally during a reset caused by a nRESET transient(whatever that is)
Do you know what a nRESET transient is ? i don't atm, but I suspect it might be lack of power . How are you powering the chip? It sucks 250mA at times doing the radio stuff

I'm sorry, I don't know that exactly. It might be correlated with a pull (down or up) from the RST pin, or the process that will be initiated after reset (just like a startup transient)