Chat freely about anything...

By mholzma
#25300 I am just getting into the Ardunio and ESP8266 area, so I am sure this a complete newbie question. I recently tried to create a simple wifi enabled servo control sketch that would be loaded onto the Arduino. What I noticed is whenever the ESP8266 did either a read from a website or alternatively acted as a webserver taking in a GET posted response, the attached servo twitched quite a bit. It is almost as if the read/write functions were triggering the attached servo control pin.

Not sure if that is clear enough but I hope I am asking in the right general area.

Thanks.
By kolban
#25309 What does your power source look like that is powering the environment? The WiFi abilities of the ESP8266 can draw current (I think I heard 200ma during operation). When WiFi traffic is being received or sent that may cause an additional load to your power supply and if it is not sufficient to maintain the current flow, it will cause problems in the environment as a whole. Also consider attaching a capacitor (say 10uF) across the supply rails to smooth out any sudden changes.
By jtheires@netins.net
#27123 mholzma,
Did you get your servo controller working on esp8266 stand-alone (no arduino)?
I have a project where I want to do something similar, only way simpler (open/closed/status only - nothing in between).
Did you get your "twitch" figured out?
James