Chat freely about anything...

By cendev
#2815 Don't give up :) i forgot to mention that i had the same errors.. first time that happened while i was flashing a new firmware, it was around 60% and i tried again than on 40% and that ended up with 0%..

tried and tried... i was sure that my esp died.. I tried windows version of these flashing tools, after tons of trials i succeeded to upload it.

Check the cables, change the cables, change the tool.. :D probably u'll succeed too.. (Try both 0 low, 2 high or all variations :D i recommend the standart tool for windows, i guess it was cm.....smthing smting, that has a connection test on it, it'll tell you the true combination of firmware mode:)

Btw after succesfully burning the new firmware i used the pytool as usual without any problems.. :)
By nonokunono
#8629 I have purchased 4x ESP-12 modules (as nodemcu dev kit) and 2 of them (50%) are not working (one wouldn't connect to the flasher, and flasher complains about invalid header on the other one) .
I decapped one of them just to find bridging on the solder pins on esp8266 chip pad !!
(unfortunately the pins are so small, even with a heat gun and plenty of flux, it will not reflow itself )
I've had good experience with ESP-01 and ESP-03,
these ESP-12 are just bad !!
By MeNoGeek
nonokunono wrote:I have purchased 4x ESP-12 modules (as nodemcu dev kit) and 2 of them (50%) are not working (one wouldn't connect to the flasher, and flasher complains about invalid header on the other one) .
I decapped one of them just to find bridging on the solder pins on esp8266 chip pad !!
(unfortunately the pins are so small, even with a heat gun and plenty of flux, it will not reflow itself )
I've had good experience with ESP-01 and ESP-03,
these ESP-12 are just bad !!
Oh no... Crosspost! :evil:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=442&p=8629#p8629
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1246&p=8628#p8628