Chat freely about anything...

By anjoze
mendozabar wrote:Hi! This is my first post, I bought a ESP8266 and I've been experimenting a few problems, first this is my connection:

ESP --> USB UART Interface
VCC --> 3.3Vdc
RST --> 3.3Vdc
TX --> RX
RX --> TX
GND --> GND

I have CH_PD connected to VCC too.

mendozabar wrote:Using this connections, when I power up the module the red led turns on, and the blue led blinks rapidly and then turns off.
Then, with Putty I tried to send AT commands such as AT, and when I send the command the blue led blinks every time I tried to send a command but the terminal do not write anything, even I dont get the "Ready" message when I power up. I tried 9600,57600 and 115200 baud rates and nothing all with \r\n.

I've the same problem

mendozabar wrote:After this, I checked the module trying to connect with my latop, and I notice that the network from the ESP is called AI THINKER XXXXX XXX=A bunch of number and letters, this was wierd to me because in the tuts I´ve seen the network is called ESP8266.
And thanks

My ESP 01 doesn't show any network.

I had this ESP 01 working for days without problem. Than I've disconnect it to firmware upgrade and just stopped to work before trying the firmware flashing.
So, I assume that probably some part of it just die.
In your case I don’t know because the AP (AI THINKER XXXXX ) its working
By mendozabar
#26120 here is an update, after checking my wiring (Im using a TI Launchpad) as uART interface, now ehn i send a command Im recieving garbage only random symbols in al baud rates. What is the problem now?