Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#25788 Nice to hear.

The lm317 can be a problem indeed, I've seen the same, even though it should be able source about 1 A happily.

I have been using buck converters for some time now, no problems. They mostly can deliver up to 3 A and don't get hot (which means they don't waste power). If you want to be absolute sure you have a "clean" power supply, add a small inductor in series and a tantalum capacitor in parallel after that (all on the output side).
By veewee77
#48086 Good day all!

I am also having trouble communicating with the ESP8266's. I have tried all different baud rates, check, rechecked, wired, rewired, asked online read post after post of people who had "solved" it, but to no avail. All I get out of my ESP8266 is garbage and it won't accept any AT commands. I have tried no less than 6 different comm packages, three different computers, every baudrate from 200 to 115200, including the 76880 and 78400 suggested by others and even tried the method using CoolTerm on linux. I have tried windows and linux, USB to serial adapters and direct serial adapters and I can't get them to work. I have three and they all do exactly the same thing. Does anyone have an idea what I can do?

I have been at it for two solid weeks trying to get these things to talk and getting frustrated with them.

Thank you and have a GREAT DAY!

Doug
By martinayotte
#48110 Also, when trying to send AT commands, did you finished them with CR+LF, not only CR ?
BTW, if you've have uploaded other kind of firmwares, don't expect those to still respond to AT command, the previous AT Firmware is completely gone and erased when new firmwares are uploaded.