Chat freely about anything...

By spencer_
#3149 I'm totally new to this, i have some esp-03's if i understand correctly the only connection i need to make with the computer is over wifi to upgrade the firmware? is this correct? serial doesn't work? please help! :roll:
By villTech
#3154 serial works. most here do upgrade over serial. search the forum or check the wiki for firmware upgrade. your module should have the required gpio to do fw upgrade over serial.
By Wizzard
Michaelo wrote:@Wizzard
Read the second post in the thread... it contains a link to a zip with everything in it...
Worked for me on Win7 ... you might have to download the windows installer for Python27 if it reports a missing dll...

The compile ran perfectly after I fixed my path (be sure you modify your path to include all the required folders)...
Mike

believe me, that was the first thing I did... I've read the second post for several times, downloaded all the files, installed them as stated in that post, modified my %PATH%, double checked if all of the paths are proper and if necessary files are accessible from within any other folder and I still get this "Bad file number" error
By spencer_
#3831 does this:

Code: Select allmcsa wrote:
1. Download archive http://www.ex.ua/load/573159486429/134534617
2. Extract to c:\
3. Add to %PATH% C:\Python27\;c:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\;c:\MinGW\bin\
4. run make from esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.1\examples\at\
5. using esptool.py flash firmware
a. CH_PD to VCC
b. GPIO02 to VCC
c. GPIO00 to GND
d. GPIO15 to GND