Chat freely about anything...

By madworm
#29063 The circuit board looks very nice! Good work.

One thing that pops into my mind immediately: decoupling capacitors! Those LEDs draw a whole lot of current and those two little electrolytic capacitors are like a drop of water on a hot stone. I don't see much capacitance next to the local 3.3V regulator either. You might be suffering from brown-out resets. Have you measured the supply voltages with an oscilloscope yet?

I'd try enabling the PWM with the LEDs or the DC-DC chips disconnected, or use a 2nd ESP8266 with a small LED as a heart-beat indicator and see if that resets as well.

Regards,

Robert
By ketaponk
#29067 Hello,

I had the same problem. I installed esp-open-sdk and used simple makefile from examples inside /esp-open-sdk/examples and also the one from cnlohr they worked but not for pwm library. Yesterday I tried blinky example from https://github.com/esp8266/source-code-examples with pwm added and used makefile from them and it works! Makefile from blinky example didn't work from the start I had to change some paths especially path to ld files.

I chcecked pwm signal on osciloscope and it is working but it has strange glitch just before pwm signal rises. I checked it with arduino ide on the same pin with analogWrite and the signal is clean. Does this pwm library has bug ?
By Thoma HAUC
#29086 Hi Limpkin,

Are you sure the problem is software related ?

Are you debugging on the final hardware ?
If yes, could you simply ground the enable pin from the different A6211. Do not forget to remove these wires from the ESP8266.

Regards,

Thoma