Chat freely about anything...

By AlexPilk
torntrousers wrote:
AlexPilk wrote:
torntrousers wrote:Yes, i guess something like 72 minutes.

For the lipo charging i use these.

This charging board is for 1000 mAh, right? I just saw some articles saying you should switch the resistor if you want to charge a battery with lower capacity. How do you charge 240 mAh batteries with this? Does it stop charging when the battery is full automatically?

I'd not heard that so I'm just using them as-is, it seems to work ok but i guess i don't know if its charging too fast and damaging the battery or something - anyone know? They do recharge pretty quickly like this which seems handy ...

Yes it does stop when fully charged, or actually switches to some trickle charge mode i think. And it has over discharge protection, and it lets you have the ESP powered on with the USB connected and charging up the battery too.

Sorry, I meant its default current is 1000 mAh. It's recommended that you charge a battery at current = capacity. So a 240 mAh should be charged at 240 mA or it will be damaging the battery. So it's recommended that you switch the resistor. For you it should be about 5 K. Here's the table: http://www.atomsindustries.com/ASD1020
How many times have you recharged the battery? Because maybe in practice it's not that crucial, I don't know.