Chat freely about anything...

By AdrianM
martinayotte wrote:Most of those undefines are actually defined in Time.h.
are you including this library somehow ?

Thank you, yes, that was all that was missing. I thought I'd double checked all the includes but that one was missing. All OK now!

So just as a head's up for noobs like me on the Arduino ESP8266 environment, to compile lightclock in addition to the project folder, external libraries not included in either the baseline IDE or ESP8266 board plugin areNTP and NeopixelBus from chrismelba, TimeAlarms and Time. Also to remind that .ZIP files downloaded from GIT have -master suffixes on the containing folder which must be removed (i.e. library folder must have the same name as the include file being targeted).
By AdrianM
#39088 Just for kicks, after I got it to compile in IDE 1.6.5 I tried again in 1.6.7 . Something's up between the ESP SDK and TimeAlarms library. Even just compiling the TimeAlarmExample fails unless I change the board manager option back to a regular Arduino mini or similar.
By WereCatf
martinayotte wrote:Personally, I won't touch 1.6.6 or 1.6.7, even with gloves :o

I'm using 1.6.7 and the ESP8266-libraries straight from their github without an issue. Either I am doing something wrong or something very right :)