Chat freely about anything...

By Barnabybear
#33717 @Chris Carter, it seems to scale to 60 pixels with just one change. I had to change "120" to "pixelCount" in two places in "lightclockwifi.ino" or I had a section of white leds behind one of the hands.
Based on the current GitHub, Line 1228.
Code: Select all gap = 120 - gap;

To
Code: Select all gap = pixelCount - gap;

&
Line 1231.
Code: Select all clock.SetPixelColor(i % 120, HslColor::LinearBlend(c1blend, c1, ((float)i - (float)secondhand) / (float)gap),brightness);

To
Code: Select all clock.SetPixelColor(i % pixelCount, HslColor::LinearBlend(c1blend, c1, ((float)i - (float)secondhand) / (float)gap),brightness);

It seems to run fine on an ESP8266-01 with the output on GPIO 2.
Love the GPS location bit.
Now to fire up the printer, is the thingiveres file still good?
Have made a donation.

Brilliant - if only people knew how good this looks on the wall - dam its bright (yes i found the bit to dim, only needs 10% in an evening).

Edit: my broadband down at the moment, so I'm board and playing - it will scale down to 12 leds.
Edit 2: broadband up - just in time I nealy made myself a watch.
Last edited by Barnabybear on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By Chris Carter
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, word of advice - don't "IP/switchwebmode".
It puts the clock into AP mode again, you have to swap to that network to do anything with the clock or change it back.

Ah yes! That's my mode for showing it off by connecting directly to my phone, rather than through a WiFi network. It's pretty buggy, so I don't really publicise it.

Barnabybear wrote:@Chris Carter, it seems to scale to 60 pixels with just one change. I had to change "120" to "pixelCount" in two places in "lightclockwifi.ino" or I had a section of white leds behind one of the hands.

Brilliant - if only people knew how good this looks on the wall - dam its bright (yes i found the bit to dim, only needs 10% in an evening).

Edit: my broadband down at the moment, so I'm board and playing - it will scale down to 12 leds.
Edit 2: broadband up - just in time I nealy made myself a watch.

Thank you! I thought I had been good about using references to the pixels, but clearly I missed some. I'll update my version of the code :) Post a photo of yours I'd love to see it! As far as I know the thingiverse file is good. I can upload my latest version though if you prefer.

If you make a watch then definitely post photos!!
By Barnabybear
#33999 Hi, here's my first attempt at the light clock.

It's a mini light clock, 30 WS2812 @ 60 / meter. Over all it measures 180mm (7") thats about the biggest I can fit on my printer in one piece. Everything was done for speed so the quality is poor and I didn't have enough white to do the test, hence it's grey. I'll run it for a bit to test battery life, I think I'm going to need 3 18650-22p's to get a week out of each charge. 1 for the ESP, 1 for the first 15 LEDs and 1 for the last 15. But time will tell, anything with more LEDs will have to be mains powered.
Thanks again to Chris for a brilliant idea and making it open source.
Just worked out it does its logo on start up (I'm a bit slow at times).
P.S. It's nearly impossable to take a photo that does it justice.