Chat freely about anything...

By Chris Carter
#32964 Make sure you change the number of pixels in the code to 60 if you use a 60LED strip. I'm pretty sure everything should scale correctly, but I haven't tried anything other than 120 for a while.

You could have one hand be white and the other vary with the temperature maybe? I've also thought it would be cool if the colours changed with the seasons, like white/blue for winter, red/yellow for autumn (fall), green/blue/yellow for summer and pink/purple (flowers) for spring :) Then every day your clock could look slightly different.
By Barnabybear
Chris Carter wrote:Make sure you change the number of pixels in the code to 60 if you use a 60LED strip. I'm pretty sure everything should scale correctly, but I haven't tried anything other than 120 for a while.

Thanks.

Congratulations, 53% funding in less than 48 hours, but I'm not supprised.

It compiles fine, loads ok, I can see & connect to the AP. Putting 192.168.4.1 into my firefox browser adds the line "Sending webHandleConfig" to the serial output but displays nothing in the browser. I half expected a web page for setup but from the code (which to be honest is mostly beyond me). Am I correct in thinking it's expecting to communicate with an app? If this is the case is it available?

Code: Select allStartup
 sd <some stuff that won't paste> reading settings from EEPROM
SSID: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
PASS: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
latitude: -0.01
longitude: -0.01
timezone: 10.00
randommode: 0
hourmarks: 0
sleep: 22
sleepmin: 0
showseconds: 1
DSTauto: 0
webMode: 0
wake: 7
wakemin: 0

Startup
scan done
6Networks found
1: LIVEBOX-A148 (-73)*
2: TALKTALK-A80BD4 (-89)*
3: danusia (-87)*
4: LIVEBOX-A148/2 (-87)*
5: SKYC1681 (-86)*
6: SKY37433 (-92)*

Access point started with name The Light Clock

WiFi connected
Web server started
Sending webHandleConfig
Sending webHandleConfig
Sending webHandleConfig
Sending webHandleConfig
Sending webHandleConfig
Sending webHandleConfig

I haven't tried with pixels yet, but a white led on the output pin flashes for about 100ms (estimated) every second, which looks about correct.

Again brilliant - if I can get this going I have a nice bookshelf on the wall 1200mm long. I'm thinking that a linear clock / effect lighting effect is just whats needed on the underside, with 12 taller books equaly spaced as points.

On a side note: It looks like cool clocks are like buses, you wait forever for one and then two come along together.
Have you seen this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1068443
Thats both inside and outside covered (but living in England, outside isn't a priority for the next few months). Hats off to you both, you have my admiration for comming up with the ideas and then making them work.
By Chris Carter
#33204 Hmm, you're the second person that's told me that they can get it to compile, but not talk with it. The "App" is just a selection of HTML and CSS that the clock will send when you connect to it, so it *should* work.

I'm a little bit worried that some last minute changes I made to the code before I was going to demo it at a conference may have broken something in the setup (it's not a page I load often). Let me check tonight for you.