Chat freely about anything...

By Arjen
#34862 Well, i thought the same thing. Maybe it's the FTDI. My FTDI can supply both 5v and 3.3v, regulated by a jumper. I've placed this jumper on 3.3v so that should not be the problem. However, since I still do not know if the FTDI is functional I've plugged the TX and RX from the ESP directly to the GPIO UART TX and RX pins of my Raspberry Pi, still with an external power source.

The Raspberry Pi Tx and RX supply about 3.2v according to this thread: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 44&t=97134

and someone has been able to get this working without any specials things: http://www.instructables.com/id/Connect ... /?ALLSTEPS

However, When I use these pins the same things happends,

pi@pimatic ~/esp $ sudo python esptool/esptool.py --port /dev/ttyAMA0 write_flash 0x000000 "nodemcu_integer_0.9.6-dev_20150704.bin"
Connecting...

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP8266

Also have been trying to start minicom on different baudrates while the ESP was powered on and connected to the Raspberry Pi

minicom -D /dev/ttyAMA0 -b 9600

No response at all, can't type any commands and minicome gives me status "offline".

Still, the fact that this is happening on two different ESP chips makes me believe it's something I'm doing wrong. The only thing I can think off so far is me using 2x 1,2v batteries instead of 2x 1.5v but I'm, not sure this is an issue.

Arjen.
By Arjen
#34999 Well,

I tried to connect it the the TX and RX from a Arduino Nano. Same issue. Cant seem to get power from it, can have power from the battery though. Still with TX and RX from arduino and power from the battery still having the failed to connect error.

If i disconnect GPIO0 and reset the ESP it's seems functional. I see a wireless network called AI_THINKER and can connect to it. So there doesnt seem to be a problem with the ESP's. They just don't wanna be flashed for some reason.

I'm starting to get to a point where i'm getting very frustrated and about to give up :') Anyone ever had this issue and/or any things I could try?

Kind regards