Chat freely about anything...

By 317andrew317
#35675 As the title says, I cannot get CWJAP to work correctly. All it returns is an error regardless of what I do. I have the esp 03 that I got of eBay. It came with Ai-Thinker 1.1.1 firmware I believe and now it is on AT version:0.51.0.0 / SDK version:1.5.0.

I am on cwmode 1 and I have tried 2 & 3 as well, but 2 gives an error regardless. Worth a shot though.
    I have tried the original firmware and the newest update and both returned ERROR for the AT+CWJAP="abcd", "1234"
    I have tried adding capacitors to my circuit, that didnt work.
    I'm using an ATX bench power supply to supply the 3.3 volts, so current is not an issue nor should voltage fluctuations be.
    I have tried putting GPIO2 & GPIO0 to HIGH and also floating, no difference.
    I tried to completely wipe my flash using esptool.py and reflash. No difference either.
    AT+CWLAP works fine, no problem. AT+CWJAP? returns No AP. Every other AT command works except AT+CWJAP="", ""
    I have been searching Google for 2 days and nothing similar comes up, seems I am the only one with this error.

That is everything I have done in the past couple days. I am perplexed on how/why this is happening, it makes absolutely no sense? I ordered an esp 01 today because this esp 03 has been nothing but garbage for me. I will see how the esp 01 works with my setup when I get it, but for the meantime any ideas on what else I can try to get AT+CWJAP="", "" working? Thanks guys.
By martinayotte
#35683 As said in older thread, Password length needs to be between 8-63 characters.
As lethe said back in August, if your router accepted password with less than 8 chars, you have a buggy router.
viewtopic.php?p=32436#p32472
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4150&hilit=password+characters&start=8#p25176
By 317andrew317
#35688 Thank you for the quick reply. Yes I am sorry about typing that in wrong. I was just writing AT+CWJAP="", "" as an example. Whenever i do try to connect to my real router information everything is longer than 8 characters. Even if I type in AT+CWJAP="example", "abcd12345" it will still return ERROR. AT+CWLAP scans and shows all the wifi networks so I don't understand why AT+CWJAP doesn't work. Can this be a faulty module? This is the only conclusion I can come to.
By 317andrew317
#36036 Got it! The problem was simply putting a space in between the comma and the second set of quotation marks. I was always typing AT+CWJAP="example", "12345678" rather than AT+CWJAP="example","12345678". Could have sworn the AT command list put a space in between, which is why I kept putting a space. Well, maybe this will help someone else out in the future.