Chat freely about anything...

By Simon Castle
#7278 I stopped playing with this thing early December as I had the same problems, and thought I would wait a bit for the FW to stabelise.
It didnt matter which way round I set the thing up either as a client of my router or as an access point directly I found the TCP connection
would simply drop out for no reason. I played with several FW Versions up to 9.3 which all seamed to have the problem except
00170901 which didnt have the issue as far as I could tell.
I cant believe its not an acknowledged problem, this is the first thing you do, try out the AT commands to set up a connection
then start sending lines of text, and then bang.

Can anyone state for a fact there is NO problem and its something Im doing wrong.

There is a lot of chat here about developing for the ESP8266 directly but for my first use I just want to add it to an existing project
using the serial interface to send data, which I would have thought would be most peoples first steps.
I dont want a web server or anything complex just to be able to open a socket and get data, dont mind which end is doing the
listening or is the AP, I just want a stable connection.

may try the 9.5 beta if you think its fixed

... Simon
By Simon Castle
#7405 Looks like there is some sort of problem.
I finally set up an Eclipse build environment with the 0.9.5_b1 and the problem persists as I see it.

I set up a listener with :-
Code: Select allAT+CIPSERVER=1,1300

I then telnet to it from the PC and proceed to type text 1 return 2 return etc
I get the initial connect and text etc
Code: Select all0,CONNECT
+IPD,0,3:1
OK
+IPD,0,3:2
OK

I continue sending lines and then a short while later I get another

without any close indication in the telnet client. no further lines appear.
I close the telent which doesn't generate any indication in the log.
re start the telnet which results in a third

right after the second and Im back in business.

The thing is I dont have this behavior at all with version 00170901 its perfectly stable.

Any ideas.

... Simon
By Baoshi
Athena wrote:Hi,@alonewolfx2, only when “connected with OOOO, channel 1” this log shows, means the wifi connection broken, and try to connect again..

ip:192.168.0.157
mask:255.255.255.0
gw:192.168.0.1

This three logs alone,only means to get ip from router,nothing wrong。。 especially when dhcp lease timeout is coming,it will get ip from router..

Hi @Athena,

The log starting from each reconnect is:

Code: Select allrm match
reconnect
scandone
add 0
aid 1
aid end
cnt

connected with OOOO, channel 1
dhcp client start...
ip:192.168.0.157
mask:255.255.255.0
gw:192.168.0.1

My router (ASUS RT-N56U) shows wireless log as:

Code: Select allStations List            
----------------------------------------
MAC               PSM PhyMode BW  MCS SGI STBC Rate Connect Time
18:FE:34:9C:D2:BA NO  HTMIX   20M   7 NO  Yes   65M 00:01:40

when "Connect Time" reaches 00:05:00 the module reconnects and "Connect Time" restarts from 0. I found this is independent of dhcp lease time.

@PuceBaboon, I guess the equivalent mDNS setting in my router is "Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy)", I change it from default "Disabled" to "Enable", but no difference is seen.
By Kruger
#7454 As the module is buggy and is prone to self reset from time to time you may want to add custom AT command to detect this. For example: "AT+INC" which will return the value of a variable that increments every time the command is issued. Use it from time to time and if you get lower than the last value or you get the "busy" reply then reset/reinit device.