Chat freely about anything...

By BlitzSSS
#40225 Hi All

I'm having issue exiting from transparent transmission mode (UART-WiFi passthrough transmission i.e AT+CIPMODE=1), apparently I'm supposed to enter "+++" to exit but this +++ data is being passed through the TCP connection rather than the ESP using it to quit the stream.

AT v0.52

has anyone else used this mode? is there some special character/format needed to enter +++ ?

Thanks
By BlitzSSS
#40317 Hi martinayotte

There certainly is, I've been playing with it, it's working and my issue with not being able to escape the data stream is not made up :)

esp-link is one step further but at this stage I'm still using the AT firmware.

Taken from the AT Instruction Set and Command Examples found here:
http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1022

AT+CIPMODE – Set transfer mode - AT Instruction Set - Page 63
During UART-WiFi passthrough transmission, if it is TCP connection and the TCP connection breaks,
ESP8266 will keep trying to reconnect until “+++” is inputed to quit from transmission. After “+++”,
please wait at least 1 second before sending next AT command.

Command Examples - Section 4 Transparent Transmission - Page 11.
If received a packet of data that contains only “+++”, then the transparent transmission process will
be stopped. Please wait at least 1 second before sending next AT command.
Please be noted that if you input “+++” directly by typing, the “+++”, may not be recognised as three
consecutive “+” because of the Prolonged time when typing.

I cannot escape from this transparent transmission mode by sending "+++" to the ESP, instead it is passed through the TCP connection.

Serial1.println(F("+++"));
(using Software serial at 9600)

Thanks