Chat freely about anything...

By ecotpl0721
cendev wrote:
gwizz wrote:I have also had some trouble programming my ESP-07 (16 pin variant).

It has blue power led and red activity led like yours.

I came back to it to see if I could get new firmware, and (partly thanks to you setting out the connections etc in your post, made it really easy to duplicate) I was able to get lua firmware onto the module and then reboot into normal mode.

If you can flash firmware then a lot must be right with your setup - vcc, gnd, tx, rx, ch_pd and GPIO15 must all be right for this to work, in my experience.

You can double check this by attempting to flash firmware but deliberately leave GPIO2 floating, for example, just to confirm that your esptool flashing procedure is good.

So the problem must be in getting the module back after flashing. I assume you've tried several different firmware files to rule out corruption? If it helps my nodemcu_20150107.bin has a md5 of f4a5eca130c5e549093d5bf2d21a9c36.

Have you tried explicitly pulling the GPIO2 high? perhaps it's floating low in your situation? Have you tried operating the reset by pulling it low briefly?

If you don't get anything, even garbage, at any point, then try turning it off and on again!

Have you got any other modules that you have success with?

Good luck

As far as i can see, ecotpl0721 successfully flashed the module before, me on the other hand, just gazing the blue led. Led is blue, board is blue even the antenna is blue!.. I had no problem with ESP03 and ESP01 but this one is killing me..

Tried all, not even a single char sent by the module with all combinations.. Tied the GPIO2 to an another serial to see some uart debug, but all i got was a nul for every power-off-on at 74880 :/ There has to be a proper way. I have 5 modules, 3 of them are like this.. gonna try the other 2 this afternoon.. :/

Not going so well. I initially did get 1 of my modules to flash but it doesn't operate at all in normal mode. None of my modules broadcast the default ESP8266 SSID that some of my other modules do. I have 20 of these things that are just blue led nightlights at this point. I am waiting for a response from my supplier and possibly Espressif.

ESP-07_tests.jpg
ESP-07 tests

Tried terminal at baud rates 110, 150, 300, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800, 921600.
No characters at all on serial terminal.
Tried different USB RS232 TTL Serial Adaptors of type FTDI FT232RL and Silicon Logic CP2102 same result, no communications.
Able to enter flash mode 1 time on 1 module only. Module will not operate in normal boot mode.
No default SSID showing for any module powered on.
Trials on separate modules are the same result.

I will keep these threads updates I find out more.
By cendev
#6842 That 1 time gives me a great hope.. As i mentioned, Modules draw 25~mA :/ also tried some gpio16 And rst pin combinations.. No response..
By amatron
#6848 My esp-07 not work by wire damage near pin CH_PD on PCB. Maybe after soldering this pin. After resoldering works fine:

By alonewolfx2
cendev wrote:That 1 time gives me a great hope.. As i mentioned, Modules draw 25~mA :/ also tried some gpio16 And rst pin combinations.. No response..

Maybe esp07 have issue with chpd as amatron said. 25~mA mean module working but not activated maybe. can you try this ?