Chat freely about anything...

By gwizz
#7538 Unfortunately I think a lot of the issues you raise with this whole chip and the way it has been released are unlikely to get addressed. All my readings suggest that the chip boys are not and will not be interested in anything we do short of waving money in their faces for 10K, 100k+ units. I don't think that Arduino got any special treatment from Atmel - even though now they have made their ATMega328p the go-to mcu for most people.

If you want good documentation - go to TI or one of the other big players and prepare to pay for it. But they aren't that interested in helping you hack away - in their mind volume sales comes from established manufacturers like Sony, Samsung etc. The hobby market is totally irrelevant to their business model, they don't see any cross-over sadly.

I think you might have been very unlucky to get a bad batch of chips, but don't give up yet! It might be worth trying a dev board such as the nodemcu dev kit - or the limpkin one - at least these will have some quality control and you can contact the makers if you have problems.

If you or anyone else can offer ESP modules with quality control then how much premium would that attract? Perhaps some enterprising readers can start a little business buying and testing and then standing by these things?
By Joerg
#7819 I received 5pcs of ESP8266 ESP-07 with always blue led on from Banggood today. I playing with that modules now since several hours and cannot get any communication. I tried following setup:
- CH_PD high
- GPIO15 low
- GPIO0 -> I tried low and high

I used different baudrates and different communcation programs. Also the flasher tools cannot find it.
The red led is flashing if data is send to the module, but there is never any response :cry:

no response at all - very frustrating - I'll keep trying ...
By l0ud
#7821 Hi.
Recently I got "blue" esp-07 module and, unfortunately, I have problems to get it working at all. Connected all required pins: got only blue light and nothing on serial lines. (connected vcc, gnd, ch_pd to vcc, gpio15 to ground).

I removed metal shield:

And didn't noticed anything obvious wrong. Tried to resolder bottom pins of ESP, bot nothing changes.
I noticed that crystal oscilator is placed differently than on the other modules (rotated 90'), but I suspect it's not that - they wouldn't be THAT silly, right...?)

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks
By cendev
#7897 Image exact same look my friend, no process been made.. my supplier sent some more of these same modules and got only one of them flashable but ends with an error at %99.. and still unusable.

As i mentioned before, these modules has AT firmware on them (replaced the spi flash chip with an ESP-01 and there it was..) but no response.. absolutely nothing..