Chat freely about anything...

By Michel_J
fishka18rus wrote:My little story about ESP-07 with blue power led and red actvity led.
I ordered two modules ESP-07 on aliexpress. Modules have been received and began suffering - the blue LED light only. Silence in terminal. I searched through many forums and was convinced that includes modules correctly. Had one option - hot air gun. I removed the cover from the unit and found that the resonator should clearly not correct. With the same hot air gun I unsolder resonator and turned it 90 degrees. Hastily solder wire and connect to the serial port converter. Run the terminal, power module on and voila! I see that the module is loaded.

Sorry that some emotionally, but I spent a lot of nerves, while trying to figure out why this does not work damn module. ESP-12 came earlier start without problems.

Two words: THANK YOU!
Attachments
ESP-07.jpg
By fishka18rus
ecotpl0721 wrote:
So basically you are saying that the resonator was improperly placed and soldered during the pick and place process at the factory?

Yes, now I am absolutely sure that it is a manufacturing defect. Today I opened a second unit and saw that the oscillator is turned perpendicular to the contacts on the circuit board. I resolder it the same as the previous one and was able to flash module. Now it works fine. The funny thing is that the seller suggested that I apply to this forum to look for a solution.
By martonmiklos
fishka18rus wrote:Sorry that some emotionally, but I spent a lot of nerves, while trying to figure out why this does not work damn module. ESP-12 came earlier start without problems.

I have spent two nights for figuring the same out to yesterday. At the end I have written a post to the "Trying to get ESP07 working" topic at 10:30 PM. I wish I could have checked this topic two hours before :D