{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Blynk.begin(auth, "ssid", "pass");
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
}

It started outputting loads of garbage in the serial monitor, while Blynk app said ESP is not connected to network. I've tried since then flashing empty sketches or some other stuff from examples, whatever I do, serial monitor shows loads of junk. I've tried changing modes, I've tried changing baud rates (57600 was default, and AT worked just fine), but all baud rate changes is the junk I see, doesn't stop doing that. It also outputs like 150 symbols a second and doesn't stop.

Junk example:

Code: Select all  …ÕZªP‚,JHVYº—¡VÕ]­J*ÉW¥¡Õ¥Õ-”ªUŠQd®”¡âJ%H
!HiZÊIIRPÖuUPÒ‚BñZT¥ *EUeZB\)*EVjU!\©Š_¥¢”ÅVªqYiUµP”¬ÕPQT°*uH)HZKB*ÕXªuH!HBHBH…µEIâHBH!H©ªqY+hZVB\BH!HÊ*Òµe�qHBHBHŠ*i±…Z¦-hUµPÔ¬ÔPQT°*uH)H-KB*ÕXªuH!HBHBH…µE­B\!H!HBVªqY+iZVB\BH!HeVÒZ¢qHBHBHŠ*iQ…Z¦-hUµPÔ¬ÔPQTaYRB\   jHiBHªaYRB\BH!HBVªaYRB\BH!HBVªqY+iZVB\BH!HÊVÒZ¢qHBHBHŠ*i±Õ\V
iUµPÔ¬ÕPQT°*uH)H-JBVªaYRB\BH!H!VªaYR!\BHBH!Vªq©+hZW!\BHBHJ*iµE�âHBH!HŠ*i±…Z¦-hUµPÕ¬ÔPQTaYR!\  %Hi!HÕXªuH!HBHBH…µEIqHBHBH

Has this happened to anyone? The chip is literally new, I've plugged it, ran a test code, flashed Blynk and that's it.

Thanks and have a great day!
By Fisher
gerardwr wrote:Some suggestions:
- Make sure you use a 3.3V power source that provides enough mA (300+).
- Add pulp resistors to RST and GPIO0 (Ref : http://esp8266.github.io/Arduino/versio ... oards.html)

Hey gerardwr,

Right now, I'm powering the module from serial-usb converter, using 5v which I'm reducing to 3.3, and from what I understand, that power is sufficient. Right now, I'm using GPIO0 when I'm flashing/uploading sketches, I write it to GND, rest of the time it's not plugged. As for RST, should I have that connected as well?

Thank you and have a great day!