Chat freely about anything...

By uhrheber
dacb wrote:Any other must haves?

Yport protocol according to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2217 would be great.

Advantage: You can map a local virtual serial port to it (using socat PTY,link=/dev/YPort TCP:192.168.4.1:23).

So you can use all programs that support serial ports. (e.g. Arduino IDE without changing the avrdude script).
By picpic020960
#4993 Bonjour ,

how to know the IP address of the ESP module in this mode for the telnet configutation connection ?

when i change the AP , the IP address change.

one command of the OS ?

(beginner question)

thanks

edit : no port number command ? no baud rate command ? then change in the source code ?
By dacb
uhrheber wrote:Yport protocol according to http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2217 would be great.

This is a nice idea. I'd have to learn more about the protocol. For the ESP boards with more GPIOs available (i.e. not the -01) the flow control lines could be implemented fully. Even with the ESP-01, the free GPIO could be used as RTS or CTS to initiate an Arduino reset.

picpic020960 wrote:how to know the IP address of the ESP module in this mode for the telnet configutation connection ?

when i change the AP , the IP address change.

Yes, this could be a problem. I usually just check my DHCP servers new leases. For foreign DHCP servers (e.g. an AP I don't control), an nmap scan usually works. Alternately, if we added a command to the telnet interface to report the current STA IP then you could join the ESP as an AP and run the command via telnet.

picpic020960 wrote:edit : no port number command ? no baud rate command ? then change in the source code ?

Great ideas. Right now, it is a simple change to the source. Both are in the user_init function of user_main. For the BAUD command, we could use the user pref space like the AT command does. For that matter for the port too.

pabbllo wrote:How to initialize bridge between 2 arduinos? With 2 ESPs off course.

Disclaimer, I've not tried this, but it seems like one would have to initiate the connection. This firmware, as it stands, only accepts incoming TCP connections. Making outgoing TCP connections is not supported, at this time.