Chat freely about anything...

By Marekx
#20848 Hmm, my thought was that the bridge itself is transparent and you will basically get wifi to serial converter.
I suppose the garbage fiwi is getting is the same that I'm having but since hes using wrong baud he's receiving
klingon. The baud that my module is transmitting the error message is 74880.
I still think there's something wrong with the bin files, the modules itself or maybe the flasher, although I'm
using nodemcu flasher.

Regards,
Marek
By Marekx
#21047 Ok, found a solution to my problem. Indeed, I was flashing it in a way that did not result in the
correct loading of the firmware. I cant say that I was flashing incorrectly in logical sense :).
I tried to load both bin files as single flashing process and that resulted the x40000 not loading.
When I did in two separate process, everything worked correctly.

Regards,
Marek
By mk13
#21666 The idea of a transparent bridge is very nice. Thank you for providing this software to the community.
I've tried to get it running with two different modules but not really successful.
First I have downloaded a firmware "AI-v0.9.5.0 AT Firmware.bin" to the module (somewhere I've read that a AT-Firmware >=0.92 has to be running on the module before downloading the transparent bridge binaries). After checking operation of the module by trying some AT commands (setting to Mode 3 AP+STA) and connecting with WLAN to the module I have downloaded the two firmware binaries from the github repository.
After powering up the module again tha AP is visible and I can connect and setup a telnet to the module. Once I get some characters out of the telnet which I typed at the serial terminal side but the other way around nothing was transmitted.
The telnet session was canceled by the module after around 30s.
If I put RST-pin to low in order to reset the module I get "MEM CHECK FAIL!!!" on both modules at 115200 baud. Reflashed a module back to 0.95 binary -> no "MEM CHECK FAIL!!!" -> flash transparent bridge again -> "MEM CHECK FAIL!!!" again on reset but not on power up start.
Which firmware version is proven to be work as base for the transparent bridge firmware images?