Chat freely about anything...

By jimeer
#22142 Thank you for the work you have put in. I was so impressed that I created a break out board http://www.byvac.com/index.php/BV107 that will run your firmware.

The firmware wasn't quite for me as I preferred to do the configuring at the 'terminal' end so I hacked it about a bit. I don't know if it will work on an Arduino as I prefer to use ByPic. It works so well that instead of using a USB to Serial, you can just substitute one of these and you have the same thing anywhere on the network. (going truly wireless)

Thanks again.
Jim
By yesyes
jimeer wrote:Thank you for the work you have put in. I was so impressed that I created a break out board http://www.byvac.com/index.php/BV107 that will run your firmware.

The firmware wasn't quite for me as I preferred to do the configuring at the 'terminal' end so I hacked it about a bit. I don't know if it will work on an Arduino as I prefer to use ByPic. It works so well that instead of using a USB to Serial, you can just substitute one of these and you have the same thing anywhere on the network. (going truly wireless)

Thanks again.
Jim

Thanks so much for this!! This is exactly what I was looking for. A transparent bridge that can be configured from the serial side. This eliminates the need to first run the AT firmware to connect to an AP, then flash the bridge discussed in this thread. Then, when I wanted to connect to a different AP, I would have to repeat that procedure again.
By X7JAY7X
#34931 First off, thanks to dacb for this great project. To help with the learning curve of the SDK, I used this project as a basis for RFC2217 support. I am very close to having a very basic set of RFC2217 commands working. So far I have the baudrate, data bits, parity, stopsize, and DTR control done. It has a few bugs that I am still working through. Currently it will reset an Arduino, but it isn't sending the correct data for the sketch upload. Full control lines can be implemented with certain ESP8266 models, but to make it universal for all, I am using GPIO2 for the DTR line as this exists on the ESP-01.