Chat freely about anything...

By alonewolfx2
#5193 Thank you for your quick and hepful response. You are the best :) chipid working now. i am looking firmware and code and i saw one thing. its saying 32k free mem for starting but i type node.free after start i saw 13k free memory. I understand from here lua consuming about 20k ram. am i right?
Code: Select allNodeLua 1.0.20141219 (With liblua 5.1.5) Copyright (C) 2014 NodeLua.org free mem=32896
Please set node ID!
> print(node.free())
>
By Harold L.
alonewolfx2 wrote:Thank you for your quick and hepful response. You are the best :) chipid working now. i am looking firmware and code and i saw one thing. its saying 32k free mem for starting but i type node.free after start i saw 13k free memory. I understand from here lua consuming about 20k ram. am i right?
Code: Select allNodeLua 1.0.20141219 (With liblua 5.1.5) Copyright (C) 2014 NodeLua.org free mem=32896
Please set node ID!
> print(node.free())
>

I have roughly measured the RAM consuming by different parts of Lua, here is some results:

The Lua VM itself consumes not much, only ~ 5KB
Libs are the major consumers, ~17KB

If you looking into /app/lua/linit.c, you'll found that I had already commented out some unnecessary libs to make it bootable~

The RAM consumes measuring code is here: /app/lua/lua.c: luainit. If you want to see those DEBUG_MSG, add the following line to the beginning of Makefile: CCFLAGS += -DDEBUG
By Squonk
#5269 Hi Harold,

Thank you for opening the sources!

I haven't tried yet, but just having all the sources makes me much more confident that this project will move in the right direction.

I strongly encourage everybody concerned about their freedom to stop using closed source Lua solutions and move to NodeLua, improve it and build on it!

Having a Web IDE is also a big advantage over nodemcu.

Congrats!