Chat freely about anything...

By sej7278
#5280 ah well done, seems someone managed to make a lua firmware they could opensource!

edit: seems to compile at least using my modified version of the community makefile: gist, doesn't seem to work when flashed though, looks like the bin files are too small (43/204k)

esp-open-sdk (or any gcc/crosstool/esptool combo) is much better than relying on the default espressif makefile with all those xt-* commands and windows .exe's
Last edited by sej7278 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Harold L.
nnylyj wrote:I compiled source code which is in github, but stucked at

Code: Select all ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:1, boot mode:(3,7)

ets_main.c

with
eagle.app.v6.flash.bin at 0x00000
eagle.app.v6.irom0text.bin at 0x40000

anything I was wrong at?

I modified the address of the irom0text.bin to 0x10000, so I can have more space for non-cached instructions.
Btw, Use "make install" will generate a nested nodelua_8266.fw, simply burns it to 0x00000 and you can forget the seperated two bin files :)
By Harold L.
sej7278 wrote:ah well done, seems someone managed to make a lua firmware they could opensource!

edit: seems to compile at least using my modified version of the community makefile: gist, doesn't seem to work when flashed though, looks like the bin files are too small (43/204k)

esp-open-sdk (or any gcc/crosstool/esptool combo) is much better than relying on the default espressif makefile with all those xt-* commands and windows .exe's

It may be caused by my modification the address of the irom0text.bin to 0x10000 to get more space for non-cached instructions. Here is the change: https://github.com/haroldmars/nodelua/c ... 467ea37b86
Thanks for telling me the community makefile, I'll look at it :)