Chat freely about anything...

By sej7278
#5321 you must be building from sources other than what you put on github as at the root of the tree "make" absolutely will not work without at least patching the xt-* filenames:

Code: Select all-AR = xt-ar
-CC = xt-xcc
-NM = xt-nm
-CPP = xt-cpp
-OBJCOPY = xt-objcopy
+AR = xtensa-lx106-elf-ar
+CC = xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc
+NM = xtensa-lx106-elf-nm
+CPP = xtensa-lx106-elf-cpp
+OBJCOPY = xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy

then within the app subdirectory, "make install" calls gen_misc.sh which will not work without replacing all occurances of xt-objdump and xt-objcopy with xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump and xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy

next it calls gen_appbin.py which won't work without patching the names again:

Code: Select all-cmd = 'xt-nm -g ' + elf_file + ' > eagle.app.sym'
+cmd = 'xtensa-lx106-elf-nm -g ' + elf_file + ' > eagle.app.sym'

but even then it calls genflashbinv6 which doesn't exist for linux.

and there's various other files not being created along the way:

Code: Select allrm: cannot remove ‘../bin/eagle.app.v6.flash.bin’: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat ‘eagle.app.flash.bin’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘eagle.app.v6.flash.bin’: No such file or directory
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '../bin/eagle.app.v6.flash.bin'
By Harold L.
sej7278 wrote:
Harold L. wrote:
sej7278 wrote:p.s. what sdk is you firmware based on - , 092, 093 or 094?
and how are you building this - using the espressif vm or something?
[/code]

Currently I'm working on my Debian Linux host with xtensa-lx106-elf toolchain and SDK 0.9.3

The xtensa-lx106-elf for Ubuntu Linux was getting from espressif's offical bbs: http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2

yes i'm running debian, still can't build using your makefile though due to the xt-* binaries needing pointing at the xtensa-lx106-elf-* versions and genflashbin not existing.

gen_flashbin.py is for combining the two .bin files into one. It's located in the tools folder of the project.

My toolchain is in /opt/xtensa-lx106-elf. I use $PATH to point at it. If you can execute xt-xcc directly in the terminal, the make process should be right. Can you paste your make outputs here?
By sej7278
Harold L. wrote:gen_flashbin.py is for combining the two .bin files into one. It's located in the tools folder of the project.

My toolchain is in /opt/xtensa-lx106-elf. I use $PATH to point at it. If you can execute xt-xcc directly in the terminal, the make process should be right. Can you paste your make outputs here?

i can't execute xt-xcc as none of the xt-* binaries actually exist! they're all given names like xtensa-lx106-elf-* and there's certainly not one called *xcc*, you must have a weird toolchain, its not any of the crosstool-NG ones
By Harold L.
sej7278 wrote:you must be building from sources other than what you put on github as at the root of the tree "make" absolutely will not work without at least patching the xt-* filenames:

Code: Select all-AR = xt-ar
-CC = xt-xcc
-NM = xt-nm
-CPP = xt-cpp
-OBJCOPY = xt-objcopy
+AR = xtensa-lx106-elf-ar
+CC = xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc
+NM = xtensa-lx106-elf-nm
+CPP = xtensa-lx106-elf-cpp
+OBJCOPY = xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy

then within the app subdirectory, "make install" calls gen_misc.sh which will not work without replacing all occurances of xt-objdump and xt-objcopy with xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump and xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy

next it calls gen_appbin.py which won't work without patching the names again:

Code: Select all-cmd = 'xt-nm -g ' + elf_file + ' > eagle.app.sym'
+cmd = 'xtensa-lx106-elf-nm -g ' + elf_file + ' > eagle.app.sym'

but even then it calls genflashbinv6 which doesn't exist for linux.

and there's various other files not being created along the way:

Code: Select allrm: cannot remove ‘../bin/eagle.app.v6.flash.bin’: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat ‘eagle.app.flash.bin’: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat ‘eagle.app.v6.flash.bin’: No such file or directory
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '../bin/eagle.app.v6.flash.bin'

I think the espressif guys have already made the symbolic links in the toolchain(http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2):
$ ls /opt/xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/
Screenshot from 2014-12-21.png