Chat freely about anything...

By alonewolfx2
#5351 How much ram consuming for microrl? I think not much necessary and maybe we can enable/disable in makefile
By sej7278
alonewolfx2 wrote:How much ram consuming for microrl? I think not much necessary and maybe we can enable/disable in makefile

yes i was thinking something like that - e.g. disable cloud, json etc. i don't think you can just remove them from the "app" makefile, you'd need some logic in the individual "subdir" makefiles.
By Harold L.
sej7278 wrote:ok so i've managed to compile it now using the old tarball, also note you have to comment out this line in xtensa-lx106-elf/lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/include/sys/errno.h as the simcall-errno.h header file doesn't exist in the entire toolchain:

Code: Select all//#include <xtensa/simcall-errno.h>

"make install" then works and after a reboot i get the line:

Code: Select allNodeLua 1.0.20141219 (With liblua 5.1.5) Copyright (C) 2014 NodeLua.org free mem=32880

and can setup my wifi. but then what? how do we connect to websites or run a server etc? i'm not interested in using the cloud service.

You could continue from step No.5 of the tutorial: http://nodelua.org/doc/tutorial/make-your-first-node/, step No.6 and 7 is also important.
The Node WebIDE is designed for programming with Lua more convenient, it's a different concept with the cloud service, just make a try will give you some different experience ;)
By Harold L.
alonewolfx2 wrote:How much ram consuming for microrl? I think not much necessary and maybe we can enable/disable in makefile

microrl is a tiny readline library that makes editing codes in the terminal more friendly. It supports using left/right array key to move the cursor and up/down key to reload from commands history
however it consumes ~1160 bytes of RAM. I'll find a way to enable/disable parts of NodeLua convenient.