Chat freely about anything...

By electronicsguy
#46201 Hello all,
Here is my little project with ESP8266. (Many thanks to Ivan (@igrr) for his incredible work on the SSL client).

We can now read/write to Google spreadsheet directly. You can fetch calendar events, and also "chat" with your ESP8266 :) This library implements the url forwarding used by Google so you can seamlessly get the required data.

No need to use 3rd party forwarding services like pushingbox or IFTTT (or IF/Do).

Repo: http://bit.ly/1SopEug. Please let me know of your comments and suggestions.
Last edited by electronicsguy on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bobsorensen
#47802 Thank you for posting this example. I am having difficulty getting it to run and am wondering if you could help me figure out what I am doing wrong. Following is the error I get:

Connecting to script.google.com
Certificate mis-match

I have used your code as is except for a different google script id. I used the same fingerprint you had in your code. Is there something I need to change for the fingerprint?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bob
By danbicks
#47818 Hi electronicsguy,

I have been tinkering with your example and been able to replicate it to work on my own google spreadsheet.

There are major issues with your code and or library.

1) Excessive amount of ram used, only leaves around 17k once loaded and running.
2) Add esp show free heap to your sketch in void loop after reading google sheet and watch the ram go down and eventually stack dump every time, not sure if you have left it running to check stability?

Maybe Igrr can shed some light on the points I have raised, I was considering using this for some form of license validation but due to the points listed above I will be going down the MySQL route for this requirement.

Hope you manage to obtain a stable implementation.

Dans
By electronicsguy
#47861 @bobsorensen The certificate match doesn't matter for the actual functionality. Check if the value if being read/written correctly.

The certificate check is only useful if you care about a security attach (MiTM, etc).