Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By gadigr
#8242 Hi All

Im trying to connect the ESP with the arduino nano and just cant seem to make a connection with all the tutorials going on the net.

this is my wiring:

and this is my code:

i have noticed that only when i plug the CH_PD to the D10 (ESP TXD) the blue led on the esp turns on and i get gibbrish in my serial com as you can see.

needless to say that none of the AT commands worked and that i tried every baud rate possible (9600, 57600 and 115200).

any help will be appreciated,
Thanks

Update: I connected the VCC and GND to the FTDI and the RX TX to the arduino, heres a gif to show you what happenes,
note that this happenes on every baud rate:
Last edited by gadigr on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By l0ur3nz0
#8312 Did you try switching tx with rx, i.e., tx to tx and rx to rx? I have to do this with the hardware serial in an arduino deicimila to get it to work.

I couldn't get my nano (V4, chinese clone?) to communicate with ESP-01 or ESP-03. These ESPs communicate fine with a USB to TTL converter...

if you find a solution please let me know.
By Speshal
#8317 Hi, 2 things immediately jump out at me that may be causing you issues (I've learnt from lots of trial and error!)

First off, the 3.3v from the nano just isn't going to give you enough power to do very much with your ESP, you might want to try a stand alone PSU (plenty of topics on here can help ;) )

Secondly, and probably most importantly, you have the baud rate in your sketch set to 57600 but your serial monitor is set to 115200, if you change the serial monitor to 57600 you may well get a response.

Hope this helps.
By gadigr
Speshal wrote:Hi, 2 things immediately jump out at me that may be causing you issues (I've learnt from lots of trial and error!)

First off, the 3.3v from the nano just isn't going to give you enough power to do very much with your ESP, you might want to try a stand alone PSU (plenty of topics on here can help ;) )

Secondly, and probably most importantly, you have the baud rate in your sketch set to 57600 but your serial monitor is set to 115200, if you change the serial monitor to 57600 you may well get a response.

Hope this helps.

OK

Ive made some progress, connecting the esp 3.3v to a 3.3v of FTDI board, now the blue led turns on without the ch_pd pin connected to anything.
but still nothing on the serial monitor until i connect the ch_pd with the 3.3v, when it is connected the gibbrish letters wont stop until i disconnect it...

also tried switching between the tx and rx but nothing still,

and about your second point, the reason the baudrate is different is because i tried every combination possible to get a respone,

ideas?