Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Ayush Sharma
#71783 Hello Guys,
I Have created dashboard Library to manage your ESP8266 from the Webpage itself! It has basic functions like a WiFi Switcher, RAM Usage, Reboot Function, and an Update Function! 8-)

You can Also Create Dynamic Tabs like show below 'Visitor' and also Update their Values!

It would be great if you guys can Try it out as it is in it's Final Release with an Outstanding UI.
The Load Time is only 1 Second. ( From ESP8266 to your Browser). ;)

Link to Github:- https://github.com/ayushsharma82/ESP-DASH

Regards,
Ayush Sharma
By McChubby007
#71786 Excellent, when I get some spare time I will give it a go.

I had a quick look at the code on github, my only comment would be that it is sllghtly limited by dependencies on other web sites, such as the font imports in the CSS, meaning that it needs an external internet connection to work. I always check that these things will work from fresh, with the browser cache cleared out to iron out things like this. It's obviously not a problem if an internet connection is available. Perhaps consider embedding dependencies either in data/, or putting the whole thing into progmem in your code so that it is always available.
By Ayush Sharma
#71788 Yes you are correct. the Font Imports was introduced just for aesthetics, the page will work normal without it and once at any time that font gets downloaded it would be saved in Browser cache for that particular IP address therefore it is not much off a tension to give it a internet access or not :) .

I will look forward on making code more beginner friendly and optimized. and i tried integrating everything in progmem but as you know 512kb get's full upto 70% with all that data so, i had to go with SPIFFS so user doesn't has any space / heap limitation while integrating this into his/her code.
By danbicks
#71789 This looks excellent, can this be modified to replace wifi-manager for example running in ap mode on boot allowing you to configure SSID details etc?

Just tried to compile with the latest version of arduinoJson lots of errors.
Code: Select allIn file included from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonObject.ipp:10:0,

from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonObject.hpp:151,

from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson.h:9,

from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/ArduinoJson.h:13,

from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ESP-DASH-master\src\EspDash.h:21,

from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ESP-DASH-master\src\EspDash.cpp:1:

C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonObjectSubscript.hpp: In instantiation of 'ArduinoJson::JsonObjectSubscript<TKey>& ArduinoJson::JsonObjectSubscript<TKey>::operator=(const T&) [with T = StringSumHelper; TKey = const char*]':

C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ESP-DASH-master\src\EspDash.cpp:123:22:   required from here

C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonObjectSubscript.hpp:35:25: error: no matching function for call to 'ArduinoJson::JsonObjectSubscript<const char*>::assign(const StringSumHelper&)'

JsonVariant>(src);

^

C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonObjectSubscript.hpp:35:25: note: candidate is:

In file included from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonArraySubscript.hpp:9:0,

from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonArray.ipp:10,

from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonArray.hpp:135,

from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson.h:8,

C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonSubscriptBase.hpp:76:23: note: template<class TValue> TImpl& ArduinoJson::JsonSubscriptBase<TImpl>::assign(TValue) [with TValue = TValue; TImpl = ArduinoJson::JsonObjectSubscript<const char*>]

FORCE_INLINE TImpl& assign(TValue value) {

^

C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonSubscriptBase.hpp:76:23: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

In file included from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonObject.ipp:10:0,

from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonObject.hpp:151,

from C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson.h:9,

C:\ARDUINO\arduino-1.8.2\libraries\ArduinoJson\src/../include/ArduinoJson/JsonObjectSubscript.hpp:35:25: note:   cannot convert 'src' (type 'const StringSumHelper') to type 'ArduinoJson::JsonVariant'

JsonVariant>(src);

Looks promising though.

Dans