Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By perigalacticon
#75248 Suddenly all of my esp8266 modules (4 of them) are having an Exception(29) after running the same amount of time, about 1 min accoring to millis(). This is happening regardless of the sketch uploades even with the most basic sketch like Blink with no wifi commands or libraries included! This is happening with several generic modules and huzzah and wemos modules. Any clue what could be causing this??? Really confused...
By perigalacticon
#75261 Attached is my debug printout from the serial monitor when this happens. It doesnt matter what sketch i upload, what hardware i use, or which power supply i use. Id really appreciate any insight as to what is happening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudy
#75262 What is powering the modules? Sounds like a flaky power source if it is happening with different sketches. Sounds like something is heating up and then limiting the power when it gets up to temperature. A possible voltage drop that the ESP8266 can't tolerate.

Use a meter and watch the voltage at the module. If it is dropping I would change the power supply, or usb cable if that is what you are using.
By perigalacticon
#75276 Thanks but I have tried 3 completely different power sources, 4 different modules, 3 types of module. I previously used all of these for many months with no problem and now this happens! It doesn't matter which IDE I use either. They all fault at exactly the same rime no matter what I do, nothing is affecting them at all! They all run for about 62 seconds then fault. Totally confused. Even a sketch that just prints millis with no libraries included.