Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By josephchrzempiec
#79745 Hello i have a ESP8266-F2 that is what said on the metal can on the board. But when i program it i program it as a ESP8366-12E mod . But my questions are What is the max power consumption for a board like this? I'm see all kind of mix readings online. So I'm not sure what to think. Second question is it possible to Lower the Wifi TX and RX power becuase I only want to transmit up to 1ft or less away, And the last question is How can i disable Wifi all together But not put the ESP8266 in sleep mod?

sorry for all the Questions this is for a battery project and I'm in need of all the power i can get as well as pins.

I saw something online if i put

WiFi.disconnect( true );
delay( 1 );
WiFi.mode( WIFI_OFF );

This suppose to disable wifi. But when i add that My multimeter doesn't change much in the current range I'm getting between 70 to 78ma. Can someone please help me?

Joseph
By QuickFix
#79928 The ESP is quite power hungry (> 350mA at times).
If you only need very short range comms (at low power), you'd better use another form of data transfer, like Bluetooth. :idea:
By rudy
josephchrzempiec wrote:is it possible to Lower the Wifi TX and RX power because I only want to transmit up to 1ft or less away,

How can i disable Wifi all together But not put the ESP8266 in sleep mod?

Yes it is possible to lower the power, but from what I remember, it has little effect on power usage.

Code: Select allWiFi.mode( WIFI_OFF );
WiFi.forceSleepBegin();