Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Eet2
#80220 Having trouble figuring out how to recieve GPS data on speed and send it to esp8266 via Arduino to another esp8266 for display on a screen. I have functional code to extract the GPS, Functional code to communicate between the esp's but don't know how to send the specific data relating to speed
By QuickFix
#80244 I assume you mean "Arduino" as in the IDE, not the board.

I think the easiest way is to let ESP1 (the one connected to the GPS module) be a simple serial bridge set to 9600 Baud (the default rate used by 99.9% of the GPS modules) and let ESP2 (the one connected to the display) do all the "Heavy" lifting: ie. connect to ESP1, receive data, decode it and display it on the screen.

Of course you can let ESP1 do the work, but then you'll have to think of a protocol to send the resulting speed-data.

The call is yours. :)
By Eet2
QuickFix wrote:I assume you mean "Arduino" as in the IDE, not the board.

I think the easiest way is to let ESP1 (the one connected to the GPS module) be a simple serial bridge set to 9600 Baud (the default rate used by 99.9% of the GPS modules) and let ESP2 (the one connected to the display) do all the "Heavy" lifting: ie. connect to ESP1, receive data, decode it and display it on the screen.

Of course you can let ESP1 do the work, but then you'll have to think of a protocol to send the resulting speed-data.

The call is yours. :)

Thank you for the info, there is a lot of conflicting information out there, I am unsure of how a serial bridge works,
By QuickFix
#80262 A serial bridge is simply a device that (simply put) converts serial data into a WiFi connection and back.
If you connect two of these devices together, you'll get a wireless serial connection (this is called a transparent serial bridge).

By not outputting the serial data on the receiving end to the outside world, but instead process the incoming data by that same device, you can display the result on a display.